Pond Project Case 580

mercredi 31 août 2016

Few questions,

My first question is, I started a pond project on my property. There use to be a pond where I'm digging but the owner said it grew up and is now all razor grass and sludge. Everything was going great until I hit a spring, water started to gush out and then slowed down. I thought for sure the amount of water coming out would fill the small pond I had already dug.. it just bubbles in one small spot though. I assume the water table is that low? I took a metal rod (8ft) and it sucked it down all the way. I had plans of getting the excavator up here but it could very well swallow the entire machine. He said at one point the pond was 20ft 60 some odd years ago. Now we want it to be 5-6ft deep.

Much of the soil is a grey silt and a ton of clay. The first 6" on top is just a muck of dead grass and rotten wood.

My other question is, in digging I blew a cylinder seal, it was coming out pretty good. I bought the seals, is there a special tool to get them off. It looks like someone at some point buggered the cap using a screw driver and a hammer.


Pond Project Case 580

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire