Any one want to help out a newbie with an old Link Belt excavator?

lundi 29 août 2016

Hi guys! Long time lurker and thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer any of my questions! The machine is an 1989 LS2650 C11...bought it with the hopes of getting 200 hours out of it doing some stump clearing and ditching around my place and all was going good until about 120 hrs.

Issue #1. Last fall the hydraulic cooler developed a leak so I had it repaired. The 2 hoses that connect the cooler to the piping ended up being in less than desirable shape and actually leaked a tiny bit. So I called my Link Belt dealer and gave them the SN# of the machine and they ordered up the hoses..well I finally got around to putting them on last month and they were 4" shorter than the ones I took off...They do connect the cooler to the pipes but are barely on there . Originally it was double clamped and now I can only get one clamp per connection...I called back the dealer and they say that Link Belt says they should be 16" , not the 20" I had and they didn't have any kind of solution for me other than try to source the hose locally...the real problem is that it's a 34mm id hose I cannot for the life of me track any down..have any of you ran into this before or know a place that would have 34mm id straight hose?

Issue #2 I didn't notice it last fall when burning stump piles but now this summer the couple times I've been able to use it ( 6 day a week job and the rainiest summer I can remember have limited me) after about 45 mins of hard use, I get what sounds like air in the system...especially when I say curl the bucket and then swing ...when I slow the swing down and open the bucket I get a very loud sound of air in hydraulic noise...I've been using aw46 in this machine and it had a new pump shortly before I purchased it but was wondering if I should be using 68 oil?

Thanks again!

p.s. I've owned at one time a Case backhoe and payloader but this thing is by far the funnest to operate! I think I might be looking for a career change :)


Any one want to help out a newbie with an old Link Belt excavator?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire