Need advice on root rake for CAT 314 with blade-

mercredi 28 décembre 2016

Hi,
I'm not a pro-- so lets get that out in the open!
I'm clearing 15 acres of brush/small trees, and running into stands of 1-6" saplings/small trees and bushes. It takes forever to pull out each one with my bucket and thumb-- so I'm thinking a root/brush rake might help a lot--. I know a dozer would be much faster, but I have a lot of time-- so I would prefer to do this with the excavator since I own it and I don't have a dozer.

Questions:
Is it bad for the planetaries on the tracks of an excavator to use a root rake a lot? Are they built strong enough for this?
I am guessing that there are lots of used root rakes out there-- can you guys tell me the best places to look on the internet?
- What should I expect to pay for a used one-- or a new one for that matter-- my blade is 8" 5" wide and about 18-24" high.
--Should I get one with a brush guard that extends above the blade because the blade isn't very tall?

Any advice on this whole subject appreciated--
Bob
--


Need advice on root rake for CAT 314 with blade-

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire