Leaking torque motor repair

vendredi 30 décembre 2016

Gentleman,

I have a 2000 Thomas Protough 1700 that overfilled filled the chain case with about 15 gallons of oil. I bought it new and it has not seen much use over the past 10 years(no longer in the excavation business, just personal use). I'm guessing my old employee failed to mention it was consuming hydraulic oil or this may have happened suddenly. My hydraulic oil is low. The good news(hopefully) is that the machine seems to run and sound fine. Unfortunately the service manual doesn't represent my machine exactly. It has manual disk brakes, not hydraulic. I have not found a case drain filter. I have not pulled the motor yet. It only has 880 hours on it since new.

I've read other posts on this subject and I don't know what I need to to do in terms of trouble shooting/repair. I've read that it probably has more problems than just a blown seal. Please advise as to how I should repair it. I'm pretty confident I can fix it, but just need some direction. The motor is a Char Lynn 112-1166-006. The hydrostatic drive is made by Eaton, but I could not find a serial number. Just the front pump says Eaton 25500 FC.
Please see attached pictures.

Thanks,
Steve
Attached Images
    


Leaking torque motor repair

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire