looking at a used JD 320 skid steer

samedi 24 mai 2014

I have my local JD dealer looking for a skid steer and a 10 tree sheer to clear cedar in central Texas. I would like to spend about 12k on the steer which means I am looking at a machine with 5k hours on it. He said he did not want to sell anything over 2000 hrs or so. He has found a few and will go get it up north, run them thru his shop, fix anything that is wrong and sell it to me for 18k. My question is should I be afraid of a machine with 5k hours? Will it be significantly more problematic than on with 2k in hours?



He is encouraging me to buy a new sheer as opposed to a used one. A used on is 3k and a new on is 5500. What do you think? This is a well respected dealer and I am dealing with a guy who grew up here.



as for mechanical ability I can and will fix the small stuff but do not have the tools or expertise to fix anything major.



I am going to clear 135 acres of cedar and then probably sell it.



Thanks for all your help.



JB



Regards

JB




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire