Some People are Just Trouble Makers!

mercredi 21 mai 2014

Just out of curiosity I asked my boss what exactly my "Job Description" was.



He got a copy from HR and one line read "Mechanics are required to provide their own basic tools"



When I inquired what was considered "Basic Tools" he said don't worry what you have is fine. Well that did not tell me much. So I took it on myself to email HR saying "Basic Tools" does not give much idea as to what they feel I should be providing. Well that question got passed around to a few people and today my boss handed me a paper to read a sign that said "Basic Tools" would be hard to define and what I have is more that sufficient and if any special tools are need they will supply them and as I am close to retiring not to worry.



Now if they were to hire someone to take my place does this mean if he shows up with a hammer, #2 Philips screw driver, a 12 inch Adjustable wrench and a pair of pliers they will be happy and supply all the tools he needs?



Why do people make rules they can not or will not define? I and I'm sure most here could in a matter of five minutes rattle off a list of "Basic Tools" adjusted for the type of industry one is going to work in.



Well that's enough venting for now!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire