One hot 301.5!!!

jeudi 22 mai 2014

Hey guys....could use a lil advice on my 2002 CAT 301.5. My friend and I bought a used 301.5 this winter to do a few odd jobs that both of us had. I finally got around to using it the other day and noticed after about 30 minutes of use it would run hot. I took a digital thermal gun and shot the engine (210f) and then the neck of the radiator (175f) the core of the radiator (150f) and the bottom tank (165f). I could tell the water pump had recently been replaced so I assumed it was good. You can bring the engine temp down immediately by turning on the heat in the cab....it was 91 degrees out so I really didn't need the heat on too bad..lol! The way the heater core for the cab is plumbed directly into the water pump that tells me that the water pump was doing its job. Today I pulled the thermostat and put it in a pan of water and brought it to 190 degrees, the thermostat opened as it should. This basically leaves the radiator as the culprit correct? I washed out the fins with hot soapy water before removing the thermostat and it was clean. I can see in the top tank and there is no corrosion or calcium built up inside. Would it be beneficial to remove the radiator and have it boiled? It looks like a TOTAL PITA to get the radiator out!



What am I missing? The only thing I thought about after disassembly was wether or not the fan blade was installed properly?



HELP!



Junkman





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire