potential new owner, looking for opinions please

samedi 24 mai 2014

hello all.

i'm in the market for a backhoe loader and have my eyes on a few.

the main one i'm interested in is a late 70's CASE 780. full cab, has extendable hoe, 3 buckets and the regular loader, plus the parts and service/repair manuals

second in line is a early 80's CASE 580B full cab, extendable hoe, and a clam-shell loader. only 1 hoe bucket

third in line is a mid 80's CAT 416. open cab 1 hoe bucket and a regular loader.



this will be used for farm use on my 40 acres. the land is extremely rocky(zero topsoil), when they came in and put my water line in from the well 800ft, we went down 6 ft looking for the rocks to stop(they never did)...it tore up their trencher and they had to do it by a backhoe, they used a 680 to finish the job, it did pretty good.



next summer i'll be building my house and have to cut section of hill side level, 150x200ft or so area, and about 6-8 feet deep on the top side. the waste fill will only be moved to the end of the cut to fill out the hill side more.. I was quoted by a local guy 8k for the work, and decided if I can get a hoe for just a bit more and have it for other uses..



it will be used to remove stumps that have been cut flush, about 40 of them, and to clean out some small ponds, and other work here and there. oh and if the ole lady has her way an inground pool later on.



I think the 580 will be plenty for me, but it is right in the same price range as the 780 minus the delivery charges on the 780.. , and the extra power will be there if I need it,



also I cant find much info online about the 780, except it was the biggest one ever made, and uses wheel loader parts on some of it. so any info you might have would be great.



thank you for your time.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire