Creating a Rental Corp. SPLIT Companies How To?

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

Background and main purpose:

I currently operate an underground pipeline corporation in California. I've been tossing around the idea of separating my personally owned equipment into a separate rental company, mainly to rent back to my pipeline corporation. At the moment, I run the equipment as a mini profit center(renting equipment to my projects internally). I'm planning to form a LLC to operate as a holding company with the pipeline and possible equipment rental under one holding creating a barrier between assets and thus making it tougher to pierce the corporate veil in the event something goes array. I own several 70k excavators, mini excavators, 10+ backhoes, several 5 yard loaders, water trucks, skids, vac trucks...ect.



Questions/Explanations: (Before consulting CPA, Lawyers, and Financial Advisors I'd like to hear from folks who have done something similar)



1) Tax impact on both companies at the Fed and State level. (renting back equipment)

2) Asset transfer from one company to the other. (Buy, sell, rent, lease)

3) Overhead impact? (The rental company would pay the pipeline company for services like payroll, ect.)

4) If I eventually rent equipment to other companies than myself, what are some challenges that a heavy equipment rental company has?

5) In the slow times (down economy) what are some options for the equipment rental companies. (buying equipment vs. leasing vs. renting to own to others)

6) In house mechanic vs. outsourced?

7) Tax impact on owner operated equipment vs. pure rental equipment



I appreciate the help/comments in advance.





Creating a Rental Corp. SPLIT Companies How To?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire