Statute of limitations

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Does anyone know the statute of limitations for paying a bill if you've not received a single bill in the mail, email or anything ever, no its not a bogus question, believe it or not, I do business with a place, that hasn't sent me a single bill in over nine years. At first it wasn't bad, been doing business with them for over 30 years and after a death in the ownership, the place has gone downhill somewhat over time in the last decade. At first it was a mission to pay the bill before years end, but we'd get it done, go in two weeks before the end of the year, tell the bookkeeper I'd be back in a few days have it ready and I'd pay it, usually take a few try's, taking a week to a week and a half but I'd get it done before the end of the year. That was up until about 10 years ago, so I'd try a different tactic, every month I'd ask for a bill at least once while in there, never got one the whole year, so tried plan A again just before the end of the year, didn't happen, didn't get that bill paid that year, they never had it figured out so I could, and the next few years were about the same, didn't get it done anytime though out the year for the next few years.



So we fast forward a few years and I asked my attorney what to do about it, his reply was if they send you one, bring it in, but he up and died on me a few years ago before I ever got a bill, so when I was in another attorney's office, I asked him.................after he got done laughing, since he didn't believe me at first................he quit laughing when he realized I was serious, he said he'd have to check for me, that was a few years ago, never really got much of an answer and the question was asked of me again this week, when's the last time you received a bill from that place, being asked by a customers of mine at the time, I told him the truth, its been over nine years ago, how about you, he said he couldn't remember and neither could his wife, she gave up trying to pay the place and was so disgusted she quit going back to even ask for a bill.



So does anyone know for sure, I've been told its five years, others have asked me and I don't know for sure, mainly about the same business.





Statute of limitations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire