Champion 730A diff lock solenoid location

lundi 27 octobre 2014

I'm trying to troubleshoot a malfunctioning diff lock for our village grader. Can anyone confirm the location of the diff lock/unlock solenoid on a 730A? There's a solenoid valve that looks suspiciously correct inside the frame on the curb side directly between the tires. Is this likely to be the one I'm looking for? Is there anything else back there that could run off a hydraulic solenoid valve?



The backstory: our little village bought this grader about a year ago from a broker who took it in from another village so the maintenance history is unknown. The local operator left under unpleasant circumstances this summer so nobody knows whether or not the lock was releasing last winter. The main purpose of the grader is snow removal so it doesn't get much use during the summer. This fall while we were training our new operator it became apparent that the diff is staying locked up, regardless of the position of the switch in the cab. I have confirmed power to the switch and there is power to the solenoid in the location identified above. Before I go any deeper I'd like to confirm that I am looking at the right solenoid. Assuming I am, my next thought was to swap the output hydraulic lines on the valve body and see if that releases the diff but I'm open to other troubleshooting steps.





Champion 730A diff lock solenoid location

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire