Cat 416c Backhoe Loader. Where to get front bucket cutting edge?

dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Buy from dealer? Aftermarket?

Edge is getting worn down almost to the bucket.



What is on there is two pieces, bolted on. I don't know if two piece is OEM or aftermarket.

I looked around on the net a little bit and it looks like two piece might be standard.

The couple of places that I saw were selling them as SINGLE pieces - have to buy two.

Why would anyone ever want to replace just one?



I think that the cutting edge has been turned around, but suddenly right now I am not remembering if that was this machine or something else...

Is that normal to turn it around and use the other edge or does it need the extra support or something?



The top ends of the bolts and the nuts are worn and dinged a bunch.

I expect it will be just easier to torch the nut off and put in new ones instead of trying to twist them off.

Are the bolts anything special - Hard or not so hard?

If I do find out that I can turn the cutting edge around, should I put in grade 8 bolts or are they brittle and I should use grade 5?





Cat 416c Backhoe Loader. Where to get front bucket cutting edge?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire