Small Dozer recommendations/opinions???

samedi 28 mars 2015

Hello

I am new to this forum so a little background on my situation. I have a couple hundred acres of pasture/ timber land in Alabama I run some cattle on. Some of the woods are old cut over about 15 years old with alot of 6 inch and less junk hardwoods (most less than 6 inch). I would like to add to some of my pasture by clearing some of those woods and just maintain the land. I have rented on several occasions jd450s and cat d5s. Cleared a few acres and wind rowed debris with them. Slow compared to large machines I know but able to do it to my spec. Problem I have is I work full time so when I rent I either have to take vacation or cram it in on a sunday regardless of weather. I am considering trying to buy one so I can do it when I have time. I would consider spending 25k to 40k to get one. I see jd450s, komatsu d37s in that price range but really know nothing about evaluating dozers. Do you you think I could find a decent one in that range that I would not have to work on all the time? Are jd, komatsu, cat all about the same in that size dozer? I might sell it in 3 to 4 years after work is done. How much wear would 5 or 6 hundred hours put on an undercarriage in Alabama red clay with light clearing(may be impossible to answer I know but opinions appreciated).

Thanks



dogdoc





Small Dozer recommendations/opinions???

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire