MF50H First start up of the year.

dimanche 29 mars 2015

I'm not much of a poster on here, but I check in a couple times a day to read as much as I can to learn. A year and a half ago I bought a Massey Ferguson 50H from a local guy. This is my first tractor and first piece of yellow equipment. I bought it to do some things around the property I own and also assist with simple dirt tasks when I finally prepare to build my home. So far I have used it to move some stuff around the property including a spare Cummins diesel engine my dad has for his 1937 Mack BX. Most of the time it just sits parked and unused while I wait for my planning to get all in order. I probably shouldn't have bought it when I did, but I got it at a very good rate and didn't want to pass it up. It was one of those right place at the right time deals. Since I live in Central New York and the same snow that fell in early December is still on the ground I haven't done anything with it. Today was a sunny day and about 35*, so I figured I might as well throw some batteries in the ol' girl and see if she wanted to play. After getting some good batteries (most of the ones I have are plenty of years old and don't owe me anything) charged up, she cranked a couple times and fired right up. Smoothed out instantly like she was just run yesterday. I had mentally prepared myself for much more of a battle, so needless to say I was very relieved. Diesel engines always impress me with their reliability. I know many of the members on this forum run equipment year round or professionally, but for me the MF is just a tool or a toy I splurged on that I try to keep in the best shape I know how. Hopefully in the next few weeks the ground will actually begin to thaw out and I get some work done. Welp, hope everyone else enjoys the warmer sunny days as they slowly start to trickle in.





MF50H First start up of the year.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire