case 580 b back hoe

mercredi 27 août 2014

I have a friend who owns a case 580ck b. The machine is in pretty fair condition I think. It does have some problems but for it's age It's not bad.

It has the diesel and it runs and starts great. The loader and hoe hydraulics are strong enough to lift the entire machine. It could use 3 pins and bushings on the hoe but that's it. There are two rams that leak.

About 6 weeks ago he lost reverse and asked me to take a look at it.

I have never worked on a 580 b before. First things first we aren't doing anything to this machine until I can study the service manual. We got one and it has a power shuttle with rockwell clutches. The shuttle oil was full of steel particles. So we changed the oil and filter. This seemed to help, but the pressure on the reverse side is still low and the machine still didn't want to back up.

I never liked the way the shuttle shifter felt. I guess I was expecting it to be a little more distinct F N R. We disconnected the shifting linkage and manually moved the control valve with the machines trans in neutral. To me it still wasn't right so we took the control valve off.

When I disassembled the control valve I was hoping to find it plugged but it wasn't. What I did find still baffles me. The control spool has no neutral detent machined into it. Which explains why I could never find neutral.

I am a tool and die maker by trade and over the years I have learned when the part in your hand doesn't match the drawing in front of you it is almost always big trouble. Every picture in the service manual of this control spool clearly shows a neutral detent. It even goes to great lengths to describe neutral in the hydraulic schematics for the shuttle. Time to go see the case dealer.

Excellent people. They sat down with us and discussed the machine with us at length. The service manager seems to think this is from an early B. I have a problem with that.

Case went through great lengths to describe the manual shuttle,the power shuttle with twinn disc and rockwell clutches, and the hydrostatic drive. Why would they completely omit an early version of the power shuttle?

In every drawing of this control valve spool there are three detents. There is no mention of a shuttle without neutral. It is the only part of the control valve that differs from all the drawing in the manual.

So how did it get there?

Well according to the case dealer we can't buy a new valve which leaves salvage. Some one could have manufactured it.

Which is something I can do but, I would have to program the CMM to measure the valve body first then reverse engineer the spool in order to make this a one time experience. We're talking a whole lot of time here.

Does anybody know of a two position control valve on a 580b?

Does any body have any other Ideas or suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.





case 580 b back hoe

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire