Komatsu starter safety relay

dimanche 31 août 2014

Hey Guys and Gals...



Been wondering for quite some time and finally figured I would ask the professionals here. you see I've been aware of the starter safety relay function of not allowing the engine to start when the engine is running.....voltage seen from the alternator.... and how when the diode in the alternator goes bad it will also not allow the motor to start either due to thinking the engine is running..



My question is how exactly does this relay work??? Where does it get it's power to actuate the coil inside allowing voltage to flow to the starter motor solenoid? You see if the alternator is performing it's function and charging the system why in the world should we buy a new one just because of a diode.. ????? How can you bypass this relay without installing a toggle or push button switch...



Sure do appreciate any info please.. i have a D65EX-12 that doesn't start until I put power to the solenoid.. I've checked the neutral safety switch for continuity and is working as it should. The only other thing I think is the alternator and that is why I asked about jumping the relay because the alternator is charging..





Darin





Komatsu starter safety relay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire