Cat 420d won't start. Electrical issue?

jeudi 28 août 2014

I have a 2006 420d with 3000 hrs. It won't start. There seems to be no power sent to the starter as if it's a safety cutoff. It is intermittent. Sometimes it starts. Sometimes you play with the shifter and it starts after a couple try's. One time last month it didn't start after several tries. Called cat service and the came out and said it might be the tach. Ordered a new tach and no improvement. Still intermittent starting. I have 12v to the tach harness plug and I have 12v to the orange switch leg and 10.2v to the red leg. I don't know if that's normal. Fuses are all good. The service guy from cat said he looked at the shifter and didn't think it was the problem. I'm thinking I should be looking at that. Any help would be appreciated.





Cat 420d won't start. Electrical issue?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire