How To Operate an Excavator

vendredi 29 août 2014

Good Morning Gentlemen. I have decided to purchase an excavator for trenching and clearing purposes on the farm as well as some manure piling/picking at a nearby feedlot to help with the payments. I am skilled with farm equipment but have never ran an excavator. I am wondering if there is somewhere on this site for education? I have trolled about and found lots of tips and tricks but would like a more detailed explanation of various excavator movements. Ie. people suggest jump turning but why and how to you go about this? I have searched the site and google but frankly this site has too many skilled people on it! and everything you guys discuss is over my head. =) Could anyone point me anywhere? As a bonus the first job is a bunch of trenching on the bald ass prairie so it will be safe learning. Couple other questions:

-what % of the hourly rate should be earmarked for maintenance? what % for fuel costs?

-what would daily/weekly service look like

-does anyone know where there is a good link for how to put a track back on?



For lots of excavator type movements I have watched you tube but am concerned that the people in the videos might not be working in the most efficient/safe/or machine friendly manner. Do any of you have videos or a youtube channel I could watch for more learning?



Really appreciate this forum and the guys on here. Look forward to this experience.





How To Operate an Excavator

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire