Backhoe shopping

samedi 25 octobre 2014

Hello all,



I have started window shopping for a backhoe. I probably won't buy one until next year, but I am trying to decide what I want. I have never owned one before, and honestly don't really have much experience with them. I originally was thinking about a mini trackhoe, but have decided a TLB would be more practical for me, and a lot easier to scoot around from place to place. I am looking for something to do basic land maintenance, maybe the odd hire job here and there and maybe push some snow with in the winter.



I would like to stick with Deere or Cat, but I know Case made some decent hoes too.



A few basic things I am looking for imput on -



How much do I want an extendable stick? I feel like like this is a weak point and heavy maintenance point? Those of you who have run both, would you be without that extra few feet of reach/depth? I also want a thumb and the way some sticks telescope makes putting one on look rather difficult if not impossble.



On the subject of thumbs, do most hoes have provsions to add aux. hydralics on the backhoe? Or is this something that I better make sure I find before I buy one?



What is "a lot" of hours on a hoe? Your basic passenger car is pretty shot at 200k - whats that translate to in backhoe hours? I know all applications are different, but whats a decent rule of thumb?



Do most newish machines have a differential lock? Or is this something else I need to look for?



I will probably think of more things to bounce off you all as time passes, but if anyone has thoughts, comments or reccomendations, I would love to hear them.



-Andy





Backhoe shopping

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire