Broke my cat 941 loader

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

OK my story starts like this. This summer i had to tare down my track loader for the torque converter seal. The seal was leaking pretty good. I noticed while i was taking the flexible drive coupling off to get at the seal, that they were starting to get dry rotted. I think my biggest mistake was i replaced the Joints with after market ones and not factory cat parts. well it ended up costing me.lol I was using the loader tonight before i had it hauled over to my girlfriends house. the old loader was just purring along pushing brush tress etc, when all of a sudden i hear a knocking noise. I am thinking great the engine is knocking etc. It was getting dark on me and i just happened to look down by my feet and saw sparks flying. also it got to the point that the loader did not want to pull its self. So i go get my truck and pull it back to the drive way. I pull the side panels off and found out all for joints P/N 5S7893 are torn in two. No wonder it quit pulling. I guess that's what i get for buying cheep after market crap. luckily it didn't tare anything up i just have to drop the belly pan and replace the joints. I should of just sent them back and got the factory cat one,s. I didn't like the way the after market ones were built, the bolts holes were not as deep as the factory ones i took off and the rubber seemed a lot softer to me. Now i might of caused the problem my self. I had to run a tap in all the bolt holes to get the rubber out of them and make them deeper so the bolts that worked on the factory mounts would bolt all the way down with the new mounts. So the new ones didnt last 20 hours, but the factory ones lasted over 8 years. So what do you guys think? any body else run into a problem like this? thanks Bobby Miller





Broke my cat 941 loader

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire