Learning the trade

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

Hey everyone,



I have yet some more questions about getting behind some equipment. I went to pretty much every dirt business I could find to try and get a job as an operator with no luck. Most told me no since I have no experience, the rest wanted to pay me $10 an hour which I can't do. So I took a job driving a dump truck for a local dirt contractor. Unfortunately he only delivers dirt, he does have equipment but most of the Mexicans run it except the big dozers and trackhoes. I really enjoy the job but going to these job sites and seeing them guys running that big equipment is making the itch even worse. So I did a little research and found out about the union. It's local 406 if anyone has info on it. I called the training center which is about 250 miles from me and they said class meets twice a month I think she said. Would this be a good idea to get my foot in the door? One thing that concerns me is 406 covers LA, MS and ARK I believe. Does that usually mean you have to travel for work? I'm just not willing to leave my family for weeks at a time. Any info would be great, thanks.





Learning the trade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire