Machine replacement parts. Looking at making them. What is needed??

dimanche 22 février 2015

Seems a rather open question I know.... In another business, we build things. After having to make a few parts for my own equipment it got me wondering if we should apply our engineering and manufacturing skills to the replacement part and accessory sectors of heavy equipment. One area of interest for me is skid steer attachments and track replacement parts. Basically I also have to assess the market demand for such parts. I know some guys might get bit on say a sprocket set for a D9 but I am not yet sure how to determine the market for such parts yet.





Curious what you guy's thoughts might be? As far a capability, technically can make anything with enough demand and backing but I am really trying to stay away from forgings for now.



As far as skid steer accessories, I might rather look at a few things I have in my head or do something better, I don't like just duplicating components. Trying to think of a skid steer accessory that is not yet out there is, well, hard! Hell, they practically make a TP dispenser attachment.



As far as experience, we design and build water pumps, air pumps, structural shafts, structural components, composites, etc.





Machine replacement parts. Looking at making them. What is needed??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire