973 transmission started blowing seals and then this happened

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

My 973 blew the o ring seal on plug of sync valve twice in a day. Disassembled valve and found 2 spools in speed valve stuck. Having to take out welch pugs to free spools, I Had to wait over a week for new plugs to fit up valve. Loader would not move at high throttle. I assumed it was air in system and after an hour of idling it worked well. Unit had normal power to bulldoze a new bench in quarry for 3 days then blew another o ring behind a test port on sync valve. I decided to change oil and filter, but suspecting the speed valve problem may have returned, pulled it off and alarmed to find the plunger in sync valve was now broken. What could bE causing such an increase in pressure to eventually cause this damage? I hope the plunger is available from CAT.
My serial# is 90L0601.
Since buying unit the transmission was overhauled and replaced busted seals in a track motor to solve drive problems. Previous owners didn't seem to have appreciated need for proper servicing.
When I figure out how to access photo library on my iPad, I will show photo of valve.
Peter


973 transmission started blowing seals and then this happened

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire