JCB 550 transmission and steering problems

samedi 31 octobre 2015

Hi hoping someone can help me out a lil, I picked up a 550 load all and I had no idea of the history all I know is that they were using it for parts for some of their other machines so I had some broken parts thrown in with it

When I got it the right front hub was broken at the track bar that keeps both front wheels turning the same direction, rear drive shaft was missing, steering shaft and wheel was torn apart and broken one laying in the cab on the floor. It's missing some various sensors and other stuff like that.

I have replaced the right hub and steering wheel shaft, since then and gotten it running. The boom functions as it should but the steering won't work I suspect the steering unit is the problem. It has 5 hoses going in and out of it, I can unhook both left and right and return line outputs only leaving pump pressure going in and the pressure return going back to the pump hooked up. if you turn the steering wheel to the left it's sorta hard to turn and nothing really happens and not much oil comes out of the open hose when you turn to the right it feels like it hits a stop, and some really foamy looking oil comes from the right port and both the oil supply line from the pump and the pressure sensing line going back to the pump get rock hard when your turning the wheel in a right direction and hit that hard spot almost seems like it wants to burst those 2 hoses and all of the other 3 hoses combines don't hardly dump enough oil to even fill a beer can when running it for over a min or so. I assume with nothing hooked up going out of the steering unit and only having pump pressure going in and out there is NOTHING electronic that could even be causing this problem, I should get a steady stream of oil from the right and left when putting those inputs in the steering wheel correct?

Also one time when messing with it after I got the hub on I was able to move it forward and backwards under it's own power unable to steer at all, the trans oil pressure light has been on and now I get nothing from the transmission not even a hint of movement from the output shaft on the trans when you put it in either forward or reverse and it is full of fluid not sure how it could move one time no problem than not the next. Backup beeper and all that works so I assume it's getting all the signals to the trans and it looks like there isn't much in the line of electronics that controls the fluid pressure from the torque converter, wondering if there is a sort of charge pump on the trans for the converter if it is built into the converter and that is where my problem is, but I sorta of rule out electrical once again since I have the trans fluid pressure light on.

I have no clue as to what was broken or how, the spindle looks like it was removed maybe off another machine and the steering shaft was for sure taken from it for a diffrent machine. The steering unit looks like it hadn't been removed just by how the hoses were still hooked up but I don't know that forsure, they were using this unit as a parts machine for their other 2 running units. I recall them having transmission problems with one of the units not sure if this was the one and they robbed steering parts off it or if the steering broke on this unit and then sitting for a couple years and pulling parts off it caused the trans problem and steering unit problems. One of the joys of getting the machine as a basket case and not having a single clue as to the history or events of stuff that happened to it.

I have alot of $ tied up in this machine and now the steering unit and trans are costly items just wondering if anyone can tell me from what I describe if I am on the right course of action or if I am missing something simple, I know the steering and transmission are both on their own pumps and steering is on with the loader functions and it has pressure for sure. Any help would be great Thanks SO much for your time.


JCB 550 transmission and steering problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire