Winch for D4C

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Hi guys,

I'm really happy I stumbled onto this forum, it looks like the go-to place for heavy equipment discussions.

Anyhow, I own a decent chunk of land (1000 acres+), mostly forested with walking/offroad trails throughout. I've been using a Deere 310 backhoe to help keep the paths open but to make life easier I picked up a D4C series iii Hystat in very good condition (only driven on Sundays to church by a little old lady). The trouble is, there is no winch on it. I won't need the winch every day but it will be used on an occasional basis for clearing paths of downed timber that is too heavy for the winch on my quad. I'm not sure I want to drop the coin to get a constant duty winch like a 30B, but I do need something, probably in the 15,000 lbs+ range. Here are my questions:

1) Have any of you hooked up an electric winch on a dozer, the battery should be strong enough but is the alternator up to the job?

2) Is there hydraulic access through the PTO door or is it strictly mechanical? I haven't taken the door off yet and can't right now (the dozer is up at the property and I'm currently home in the city). If there is hydraulic access then that gives me more choices

3) the plugs around the backside of the transmission case, are they just placekeepers in holes that are designed for mounts or are they something else?

Thanks for any information or advice!


Winch for D4C

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

ve some used winches laying around in good working condition let me know what your looking for harrywallace28@hotmail.com or harrywallace28@gmail.com

Unknown a dit…

ve some used winches laying around in good working condition let me know what your looking for harrywallace28@hotmail.com or harrywallace28@gmail.com

Enregistrer un commentaire