Seeking advice on best machine combo for specific job.

mardi 27 octobre 2015

I've got a road to repair that is up and down a mountain.

It's a mess, was never built right (411's/304's) on the surface and no wearing course in sight. AND... forget about getting a dumptruck in there until repaired.

My thinking to bulldoze it flat, put down a geo-grid from end to end to stabilize the road (which is steeper than it should be anyway) and bring in material one bucket at a time, grading it after.

As I doze it flat I will lose some spoils downhill (don't care) and some uphill that will need to be excavated back out of a swale that runs alongside the road so I can backfill it with Rip-Rap to catch the downhill water flow before it hits the road.

Obviously my plans are more involved than that, but for the purpose of this question that'll do.


I have a Tak TB135 that will be fine for mucking out the swale. It has a dozer blade on it but it's a bit small to be used for that portion.

I also have a Tractor with a front end loader and a grading device on the 3-point, but that's for later on.



Now, I could simply rent a small, but large enough dozer AND a Tracked loader of an appropriate size, with a nice big bucket to run material up the road.

It also occurred to me that perhaps I can rent a tracked loader that has a dozer style bucket and a material bucket which can be switched out. Problem is, I am not positive that I can find one that available nor that it is neccesarily the best approach in this situation.


What do you guys think...

Rent two machines, each for a specific purpose or find one (if I can) that has attachments to satisfy both needs?


Seeking advice on best machine combo for specific job.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire