Lull 844 34 tt 1986 brakes heat up ?

jeudi 29 octobre 2015

I just purchased my second mid 80s lull. I just got the 1986 machine delivered. BUT due some unfortunate circumstances the delivery guy couldn't make it all the way to my property. So I needed to drive it 3 miles up a mtn rd. The seller warned me that there is a factory defect in the brake design that causes the brakes to over heat and forces the machine to stop. Turns out he was right! Only made it about 1/2 mile and could hear the brakes grabbing. Turns out this system uses a drum/pumpkin design which has hydraulic lines running to it. I waited for 30 minutes tried to move the machine and the brakes were stillooking siezed.

The machine is still waiting there for me half way up the mtn in the rain. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Seller told me that they rebuilt the brakes several times to try and fix the problem.

I have a working 1984 same model that uses a different braking system.

Any insight is appreciated. Otherwise I'd going to be a long trip home. ...


Lull 844 34 tt 1986 brakes heat up ?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire