Case 621 experts out there? I just bought a C model and hope it's not complete junk

samedi 31 octobre 2015

Hi everyone, I just bought a 1999 621C it has 7700 hours and was used for logging and has some sort of log grapple on it. The pivot pins for the attachment are worn out center link has been broken and welded, Also the steering rams have play in the end bushings and pins and the upper center bushing on the center articulation is shot. Front wind shield and left side wind shield are broken along with both right and left door glasses.

I am curious if anyone can tell me what if any parts off a straight 621 will interchange? I have a buddy who has one that the trans has gone out on and been torn down for years. I know pretty much all the drive line and brakes won't interchange due to Clark vrs ZF but the pin on bucket, forks, and center link look like they will work, I also hope the glass will interchange and if I end up needing an engine I would think that that would work as well.

I know this loader has had the crap beat out of it but I got it cheap (I hope) $13,000 it has the above listed problems and a few more sorta suspected but found out for sure on the way home. It was WAY low on engine oil and hyd oil and had a new radiator installed, Hyd oil looks to be a few bad hoses, But the engine oil leak looked to be valve cover gasket, now I am pretty sure it's the head gasket since I could see oil coming from between the head and block surface once it was good and warm and the coolant got a bit hot and blew a hose I didn't know it was that hot cause the gauge didn't register one of the many draw backs to attempting to drive it home without knowing how it's going to preform.

Another issue of concern was that the trans temp shot up WAY hot and I drove it for a bit with it showing the gauge maxed out. I was only driving down the road and under no load really so I figured it couldn't be that hot and it was able to go 23 mph and no slip. I drove about 15 miles total of my planed 60 then decided I am better off getting hauled with the above issues. I hope that fluid filter and sending unit hopefully correct any trans issue. I can't see less than 5 miles of road travel causing fluid to overheat and it didn't seem that hot out of the filler hole so hopefully driving it another 10 didn't cause any damage.

I plan to use it for pushing snow and moving cars and some dirt at times in the summer. Most of the bushings are simple to replace/repair just $$$$ and the head gasket shouldn't be too bad, the engine runs good seemed to have decent power and didn't smoke or anything like that. Any suggestions or things to look for on it would be nice to know, my buddy with the 621 also has a 621B with over 20k hours on it and and he's barley done anything on it service wise unless it dosn't move anymore so I know they can take a beating. I like the auto shift option of the C model and the instruments and all that stuff are a bit nicer than the 621B and it has ride control and is air condition but I am sure all that stuff needs attention as well, I just hope I didn't over pay for a pile of junk. O and one last thing as if my grocery list isn't enough, the brakes seemed to really suck they stopped it when pushing hard but there was NO way it was going to come to an abrupt stop she just kinda slowed a bit faster when you really pushed hard.


Case 621 experts out there? I just bought a C model and hope it's not complete junk

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire