Cat 257B 2 down on power

mercredi 30 avril 2014

I have a 1900 hr 257b that I just bought. Near the end of the first tank of fuel, it went down on power(like I let off the throttle) it would surge like it was starving for fuel. When I took the cap off, it was "suctioned" to the tank. I refueled and it worked normal for quarter of a tank then went down again for maybe 45 seconds then ran normal. Since then, it has happened several times after about 1 to 2 hours of constant use. Today (at about just below 1/4 tank) had the same issue till I filled with fuel.



Is it possible the fuel cap "vent" is not letting air in and vapor lock is forming? It seems that it only happens at low fuel or sustained run times, but is cured after the fuel cap is removed

Is there a fuel pickup "tube" that can be blocked in the tank?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire