Back in the saddle

dimanche 27 avril 2014

Twelve years after selling my equipment (D8,D7,955), I reopened a quarry and purchased a CAT 973 - 90L. With 5000 hours, great u/c, a strong engine it looked great. But, the machine was not properly maintained, so.............. the hydrostatic transmission suffered. So many years of sludge/dirt to remove, several oil & filter changes etc. But after a few months the machine couldn't keep on working. The hesitant drive response became more pronounced, then steering went on one side. Dozing power worsened until i could not get forward drive.Even though the pressure readings were high, the Mechainc advised to pull out the transmission. The port plates (2 I think) were only slightly scored, the servo cylinder hoses had ruptured, he found no other damages, that's what I thought. Two mechanic changes later I am practically back where I started!!.

Next post has the details. Really going to need some help on this.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire