Re using hydraulic oil

samedi 26 avril 2014

Due to a return line break on a JD 570A and service records I decided it was time to change both hyd. oil and filters. The interval was around 1000 hr since the last filter/hyd. oil change. A previous return line break added about 5 gals. of new Hy-guard about 300 hrs ago. Records indicate the recommended only JD Hy-guard has been used. The old oil was dark, but appeared to be in decent shape.



I am considering re using the old hyd. oil in the chain boxes. Deere specs. call for using their Hy-guard hyd. oil in the chain boxes too, 5 gals. each side, which is just about what I have from the transmission oil change. My reasoning is the demands of a chain box are far less than the hyd. pump and transmission and the cost of using new Hy-guard and and having to deal with recycling another ten gallons. Is there something I don't know about chain lubrication and oil breakdown that could be a problem if I were to re-use the transmission oil in the chain boxes?



The grader gets less than 100 hrs. /yr. of use.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire