953X BBX 700 series water pump leaking

dimanche 27 avril 2014

Yesterday my guys call me to say the water pump on the 953C (BBX 700-750 series) was leaking coolant out the pulley shaft. I went to my local Cat dealer parts online site and a remanufactured pump with core is $246 and they have one. A new Cat replacement is $453 plus tax.



I am planning on replacing the whole water pump with a reman. since the price is not that bad and most of the work is removing other items to gain access, so might as well replace.



What is all entailed in replacing the water pump? Plan on removing the rear shroud to gain more working room. Also planning on removing the radiator if we can't get access, since the water pump is on the bottom side of the engine.



Anyone done this before? Any advice?



Thanks in advance.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire