How to remove a Lucas Girling parking brake can with broken caging bolts? 1995 F700

samedi 25 octobre 2014

I was able to score two brand new (not rebuilds) Euclid # E-6120 parking brake can assemblies on E-Bay for a very, very reasonable price. The reason I bought these is that a few weeks ago when I went to cage my right side parking brake spring there was no preload/resistance when turning the bolt out. So I tried the left can to compare as I would think if you are caging/compressing a spring you should have some tension. The left can was the same way, no resistance. So now I am thinking that sometime during the life of this truck (1995 Ford F700 dump 23,000 original miles.....I bought it with 19,000) someone must have caged the spring cans with an impact gun and broke the pin/attachment method that holds the caging bolts to their inner pistons? My parking brakes work fine but I was trying to see if the right side was causing my slight brake drag. The new cans have plenty of spring preload when turing the caging bolt in or out.



Now here is my question......how do I remove the parking brake cans from the backing plates if I cannot cage the springs? I'll end up eating the things if I back it out with that spring preload not bottled up!



Thanks in advance for all your help-

RRRAVEN





How to remove a Lucas Girling parking brake can with broken caging bolts? 1995 F700

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire