Cat 615 differential glitter? How much is too much

mardi 23 décembre 2014

Hey guys. I am doing a full clean out and fluid change on the differential and finals and have found a decent amount of glitter in both. No large pieces or large shavings,Just fine glitter. How much is normal wear or should I be looking for a bigger problem? I've owed machine for 2 yrs and everything seems good and tight and previous owner said fluids were changed as specified........ Allegedly..:

The diff housing has about a half inch depression in housing under the drain plug so all glitter has settled in the bottom and it doesn't come out by just draining fluids. Could it possibly be accumulation from draining oil only and not cleaning out? I have pumped diesel though diff and shop vac'd it all out until I could see no more. I think I'm gonna run it for 10 hrs and then recheck magnetic plugs and see if it tells a story.I know that light glitter in any high stress gear train is normal but a how much is too muchAnybody have any opinions on this.:beatsme





Cat 615 differential glitter? How much is too much

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire