How to remove boom cylinder on JCB

samedi 30 mai 2015

I have a JCB 1550-B. I've owned it for probably 12/15 years. Machine runs smooth as a watch (though doesn't always charge the battery very well!)

That said, I'm a home owner, not any kind of business that uses these machines. We have some land around us and it comes in very handy from time to time.

Virtually all of the cylinders except for the cylinder used to steer the machine and the cylinder that hoists the boom on the backhoe have been replaced. By boom on backhoe, I mean the largest of the three backhoe cylinders and the one that is buried inside the bigger of the two halves.

This cylinder developed a leak today so now I need to wrestle this thing off and get it into town.

Am I correct that the best way to remove the cylinder is to dig a hole so I can plant the backhoe down below grade and then cuss & sweat to lift the cylinder vertical to pull it out?

Will the cylinder come out if I simply lay the hoe flat on the ground behind the machine?

When I once pulled the middle cylinder off, it about killed me. It was right at the limits that I felt I could comfortably (hahahahahah) carry by myself over to the truck. I'm guessing this one is bigger, badder and heavier so I'll have to get some help.

So, what's best way to remove this?


How to remove boom cylinder on JCB

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire