What do you use for a work light

vendredi 29 mai 2015

I've been riding that rodeo horse all the way back to the insufferable "drop light". I suppose that term comes from shop and service station bays that had the work light with the incandescent bulb hanging from the ceiling via a retractable cord reel. I personally think the term "drop light" means if you drop it...no more light. I've been burned on the arms by those things, have had trucks fresh off the road from rain drip a single drop of water on the bulb and have it explode right next to my head, and plenty of cursing from the cord getting hung on something. I for one am happy that technology has taken us beyond the light bulb drop light, namely rechargeable work lights.

I have a fluorescent work light that's powered by a battery pack from my Makita drill, that's a nice light. In my service truck I have several types of small LED flashlights as well as an LED light stick that's recharged via a cord in the cigar lighter plug in the cab. One thing about light stick lights, they're too easy to knock over, and when they do it's all but certain that they'll be shining straight into your eyes.

But here's one I picked up at Home Depot lately. It wasn't in the tool section with other lights, it was back in the electrical section along with the landscape lighting. It was somewhere around 25 bucks. Comes with AC adapter charging cord, single on/off switch, the LED lamp head tilts and swivels, and it has a magnetic base. I haven't used it enough to form a good opinion yet, but from what I've used it so far I'm fairly happy.





Name: work light (1).jpg Views: 0 Size: 47.5 KB




Name: work light (2).jpg Views: 0 Size: 38.1 KB




Name: work light (3).jpg Views: 0 Size: 39.9 KB
Attached Images
   


What do you use for a work light

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire