Are all mines like this?

vendredi 26 juin 2015

I have been working for the last three years in an open pit copper mine in northern British Columbia. The money is good and the camp is okay but the equipment maintenance is absolutely terrible and its driving me nuts. I normally operate dozer, wheel loader (992C) or one of two PC2000's. Windows are left broken, mirrors are held on with duct tape and in one case on a D8R, instead of repairing and adjusting the decellerator pedal, a rock was black taped to it so it would have enough travel. It was later replaced with a piece of 2x4. All the directions to do "temporary repairs" come right from the top.
One mechanic quit when he was called on the carpet for doing temporary repairs that didn't last long enough. I was told I was whining too much when I complained about a broken seat back in a PC2000.
I don't mind running old equipment if its taken care of a little bit but this is getting a bit much. I'm used to running equipment in the forest and construction industry where things get fixed. This is my first time mining. I would hate to get a job in another mine only to find out that its just as bad as this one. So are all mines like this?


Are all mines like this?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire