Wish I had the teeth on the bucket

samedi 27 juin 2015

I need to remove some topsoil/sod so I can build a pad for shop. I have a cat 931B with a backhoe and in hindsight I should have just used the backhoe. I put a smooth cutting edge on the front bucket because I was building jumps out of clay on an MX track and did a bunch of back blading to smooth the take off and landing area's. Trying to dig and level extremely hard and dry ground with a smooth bucket doesn't work too good. I'm sure if I would have still had the teeth on the loader bucket would have made a huge difference. I tried making a level area to start and just take little bites making it wider but the ground was like concrete. It has to be built up with clay so it's not real critical but man that was frustrating. I think with the teeth I could have just put the bucket level and the teeth would dig in and break up the hard pan making a level pass. Next time I'll do most of the digging with the backhoe and just use the loader to push the piles out of the way. Anyone else have problems digging extremely hard ground?


Wish I had the teeth on the bucket

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire