JCB 1400B starter relay, what does it do and any ideas on how to get a new one localy

lundi 29 juin 2015

I have a 1989 JCB1400B. It would not crank. After much searching/testing, I finally figured out it is the starter relay. Figured this out by disconnecting the wires from the switch and holding them together, then turned the key and it cranked right over and started.
I am a newbie at the whole backhoe/equipment game. So my questions are, what does this relay do? I assume it must have some safety or charging related to it being needed.
Also, it is a Lucas 33RA 12v (or SRB600) , it appears that those numbers may not be a very common part and are not easy to find. I was wondering if maybe someone knew of another part number that I may be able to get at someplace like a NAPA. Or maybe it just needs to be any relay that does ? and ? and I could get it anywhere if you know what I am saying.


JCB 1400B starter relay, what does it do and any ideas on how to get a new one localy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire