Just purchased a D6-9U with low hours, looking for suggestions

vendredi 26 juin 2015

I just purchased my first Cat, a D6-9U serial number 9U27224. This dozer was purchased new to clear fence rows by a well off farmer. Long story short the dozer was used to clear the needed fence rows and then parked in the barn. In the mid 80's the farm was sold with the equipment and the new owners used the dozer again to do a little fence row clearing before parking the dozer outside. I just purchased the dozer in hopes that I can get it running and use it to clear fence rows myself. What I have noticed so far is that the hour meter on the injection pump reads 0079, the track adjusters are all the way in (track not very loose), grousers are more then 2 inches deep, and the undercarriage shows very little wear to the untrained eye. Now I don't believe that the hours are accurate, but all accounts suggest that the dozer has less then 500 original hours. My questions are as follows:

It has been 7 years since the dozer was last used, should the track be lubed prior to attempting to move it? Is there anything else about the power train I need to be looking at prior to attempting to move the machine?

The pony motor is free but I'm sure the carburetor is going to need attention, any idea where I can look for a carb kit?

Does this machine call for a 6 volt or 12 volt battery?

If I am able to get the machine running and moving properly do the low hours make it more valuable as a collectors piece or do I go ahead and put it back to work? I really have no idea what the machine is worth if functional.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Just purchased a D6-9U with low hours, looking for suggestions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire