engine nightmare takeuchi tl130

dimanche 26 juillet 2015

hello guys , I'm new here. I've got a takeuchi tl130 in my shop and I need an engine or parts.
2007 model machine with a 4 valve head 4tnv98 ytbl. long story short, it was run out of oil and locked up, not enough useable parts to make a rebuild worthwhile, so started shopping for new engines or cores for parts, no luck for a solution thad made financial sense. Well the customer found guy said he had a low hour used engine on a generator that was just what we needed. ok great! he sent the money , well 2 weeks later the guy calls, his engine turns out to have a problem, but he'll rebuild it for the same price so don't worry. but it may be a week or two. now I've been a diesel tech and ag/ light industrial mechanic for over 20 years but I don't have much yanmar experience. I turned over responsibility for parts procurement to the customer. ( because he didnt want to go with a new engine.
which was about all I could come up with at the time.)
well, this guy were dealing with is online with a good record, or lack of a bad one, so we hang in there since the price was right.($3300.00) shipped . after we send him some parts and pieces of our engine , 4 months later it arrives and its a 2003 2 valve head 4tne with our 4tnv injection pump and lines on it and the injection lines bent up to hook to the different injector locaion of the 4tne. ( he said his engine came off a generator was why he needed our pump,ect.) well this whole engine is different. about only thing the same its the block crank and rods, the 4tnv we started with is a tier 2 emisions engine. the engine he sent may be just as good or better but it can work right with the wrong inj. pump on it. so now we go a mess.

he says he'll take it back since he can sell it for more then he sold it to us since its rebuilt now. I ask what about the con. rod, cam , lifter, ect. we sent him so he could get this together ? no real answer there , he says to put it in and run it , "it sounded fine when he cranked it on the pallet" when he cranked it for a second before he shipped it !

I know this whole deal sounds crazy and I am as much to blame as my customer who found this guy since I smelled a rat early on.....

sorry, now. anyone know of a salvage yard for these things I might try. need to start over here and need either the correct engine for this machine, (preferred) or the right pump and lines to make the 4tne we have complete since apparently earlier machines used this engine. or any combination ,as long as it results with this guys machine running right and not pieced together out of junk.any help would be appreciated. thanks guys !


engine nightmare takeuchi tl130

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire