Sprocket shaft bearing preload? 955L D6 undercarrage

lundi 27 juillet 2015

Working on 955L D6 undercarriage. Got sprocket off to change duo cone seal that was cut to shreds by wad of wire mashed into the mangled up guard. got new guard installed. Looking at the bearing pre-load procedure and it say initial torque of 900 ft lbs. I can understand this as it sets the bearings cups and cones and makes sure everything is seated properly. it then says to final torque nut to 450 ft lbs. I don't know why but this just seems like an extreme amount of pre-load for a couple of cone type bearings to take. Is this really what it should be and why so tight?

Also before I took it apart I did notice some wiggle in the sprocket shaft. upon dis assembly the outer bearing was rather pitted and in need of replacement. looks much like rust pitting. Dose not surprise me as this machine has set for very long periods of time. When I pulled the drain plug I did not notice any metal shavings or chunks or anything on the magnet that would indicate a bearing failure. Should I take the chance and gamble that the inside bearing is OK or should I go ahead and split the case? Wish there was a way to know without pulling the case.

I really need to get this thing back to work and am darn tired of pulling parts off lol. sure need to find the point of going back together.


Sprocket shaft bearing preload? 955L D6 undercarrage

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire