Cat 953 fuel issue

lundi 27 juillet 2015

I have just purchased a 953 78y for $1000aud. This "bargain" has not been started in 3 years and has been left in the weather for that time with 10% fuel. It was running well before being parked up due to the previous owners retirement. Before attempting to start it, I topped it up to 80% fuel, emptied and cleaned the screen/ separator below the hand primer, changed out the main fuel filter and primed it by hand all the way to the injectors. The 3204 will not fire at all when cranked and I have no smoke at all from the exhaust.
The governor lever was left in the shutdown position 3 years ago and I noticed when priming by hand that it was difficult to maintain pressure even though I was getting diesel pumped through the system to the injectors. I'm desperate to get it going so I can shift her home for a good bath and makeover. Any advice is greatly appreciated guys thanks.


Cat 953 fuel issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire