Helping a neighbor??? Is it ever worth the effort...

samedi 25 juillet 2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpjumper83 View Post
What chaps my hide is when they expect you to do it... for free cause you have all that equipment... and so on.

I copied this from another post because it reflected what happen to me today.

I try to help folks, most of the time just because I like to use my equipment (none of my equipment is used for a living, all just for fun). But as stumpjumper stated, it seems this is what happens most of the time around me.

Just today I taking down some large pines and cleaning up stumps with my excavator next to a neighbor whom I have had some property line issues with (he moved survey pins), he came over and asked if I would take down some pine trees on his property that are leaning pretty good and likely to fall on his wood fence. I told I would for the cost of fuel but warned him that I will tear up the ground pretty good moving around and some limbs would break off. I also told him I dispose of the trees in my tree pile and he could throw any limbs left over over the fence and I would put them in the pile later. He agreed, so I took down 6 very large pines, spend about 3 hours of my time, fuel and wear on my excavator. I burn around 8 gal/hr so I tell him 60 bucks just to make it easy. He tells me I tore up his grass and then tells me since I do not operate equipment for a living, he did not need to pay my anything. Hmmm:mad: So, do I write it off and never help him again??? Or, give him back his trees (BTW- this is what my wife wants me to do).


Helping a neighbor??? Is it ever worth the effort...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire