R/T Crane - Boom cradle ?

lundi 27 juillet 2015

Clark 720 OS, 20 Tonne R/T
Any of you guys using a boom cradle when you transport a R/T crane on a low bed ?
A few years ago I had an incident where I transported my R/T crane about 75 miles, 25 of which was over very rough logging road. I must add that the driver was rather "aggressive" over the rough stuff too !
Crane was chained down well enough(I thought). Boom as short as possible, as low as possible and the hook block back to the main frame. Tip of boom cross chained down.
When we got to the job site my rotary manifold and main boom cylinders were leaking quite badly (and they hadn't previously).
A $5,000 job cost me $7,000 in repairs. :rolleyes:
Thinking back on it now, I'm thinking that the damage may have been caused by the rough roads/ aggressive driving / no boom cradle ?
What do you guys think ?
I may have another opportunity for work on a logging road bridge but I'm thinking I should maybe build myself a cradle for my boom before I step into that one. :rolleyes:
Anyone have any pictures of shop built boom cradles for use on a low bed with an R/T crane ?


R/T Crane - Boom cradle ?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire