580L with white exhaust only when going downhill

lundi 28 décembre 2015

So, I bought a 97 580L with the 4-390 engine. Seems to run fine on flat ground. Might be a little underpowered heading up a hill in second gear but I attributed that to the fact that it's not turboed. It smokes a little when I first start it up but after a few seconds that goes away. I was used to that with both my other diesels. However, when I'm going downhill, such that the machine is up over 2000 RPM, I have white exhaust coming out...with a STRONG smell of diesel, which suggests to me that it's fuel, not coolant. But it only does it heading downhill under load, not a whiff of smoke when it's floored going uphill. Any suggestions? The machine supposedly was a one-owner with only 2300 hours on it.


580L with white exhaust only when going downhill

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire