More steering issues. D65P-8

dimanche 27 décembre 2015

I'm a bit stumped and looking for advice. I have a D65P-8 Komatsu dozer. A little history first... Auction sale machine that looked very nice. I bought it cheap then the issues started popping up. The machine had been abused and maintenance was dismal. It began with steering issues. I did all of the easy fixes first. Filters, strainers and pumps. No go so I pulled it apart so the only thing left in the case was the pinion. All cleaned, new seals, clutches, plates, bearings etc.

At that time I pulled the steering control valve apart as it was in rough shape. It was full of crud and scored badly. I honed all of the mating surfaced for all of the plungers and such. I also cleaned up the relief and set the pressure to the high end of the suggested window. So now everything is cleaned and in probable working order. I assembled the dozer and took it for a test drive. It wasn't perfect but it felt very close.

The issue now is once the oil warms up. The clutches begin fading and after a few hours of operation I shut it down rather than burning up the clutches and brakes. The pressures at the ports falls a bit but still in the low end of the window. I tore it down again expecting to find a blown seal or maybe something I missed. Nothing....

The only thing I can see that would cause the clutches to not release completely are the splines on the pressure plate and brake drum. Could it be that the plates and clutches won't slide properly on worn splines? How bad can they be before they cause issues? Any other suggestions that I may have missed?

I'll try to attach pics of the splines.

Thanks in advance, Twisted.

Pressure plate.


Name: 1227151238a_zpsk4mnfwaf.jpg Views: 0 Size: 22.6 KBName: 1227151238b_zpsjwldk5jc.jpg Views: 0 Size: 28.4 KBName: 1227151238_zpsptdr5rgx.jpg Views: 0 Size: 28.2 KB


Brake drum
Attached Images
     


More steering issues. D65P-8

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire