Confirmed...I am a computer idiot!

mercredi 23 avril 2014

And I thought it would be simple. To purchase parts and materials I have to issue a Purchase Order to the vendor. The purchase order is one of those generic books you get from an office supply. Call the vendor, order part, issue number, write the info on the PO, attach PO to the ticket from vendor and send it on to the bookie. The thing I hate is that PO book. First, I'm left handed, I hate to write, I'd rather key on a computer. Second, I hate that PO book, having to put the divider between the carbonless pages to prevent bleed through, tearing out pages, always ordering a new book.



Simple solution, at least I thought, create a Word template of a simple purchase order. I have created a number of simple, yet workable templates. Granted, they ain't fancy with all the bells and whistles, but they get the job done. I can do this! But almost immediately, I thought about the purchase order number. I don't want to have to type it into each new PO, I'm certain to mess that up along the way. I want the PO number to be on the PO when I open a new document, meaning, it needs to be automatic and sequential.



Ok, I got this, we have this handy tool today known as Google! But that's where the train went off the tracks. I search doing sequential numbers on a Microsoft Word document and hello kick my arse I come up with stuff like Macro, Developer Ribbon, Code, Require Variable Declaration, Sub, yadda yadda. My God, a simple task, making sequential numbers on a Word template involves more geeky techno nerdiness than I'm even capable of wrapping my head around! So unless my small brain suddenly gets way smarter (NOT) I suppose I have to relent to the PO book.



Just Damn! :Banghead




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire