Cutting Fluid for Bandsaw

jeudi 24 avril 2014

We've got one of the import 7x12 bandsaws for our farm shop. I prefer running it with coolant vs dry. However since it doesn't get used a lot, the water in the coolant mix evaporates out. I usually add more water (distilled) and carry on. Every couple of years, I dump out the tank and start fresh.



It is time to clean it again and I am out of the water-soluble fluid I used before. Wondering what I should go to?



Would a light weight oil be a better option? (Less evaporation??) I was thinking maybe a light hydraulic/trans fluid?? Any thoughts?



There are some oil-based cutting/tapping fluids that I can get, but I have no idea how thick/thin they are. This bandsaw has a small pump and pumps through 1/4" hose to 2 nozzles, so definitely don't want anything too thick!



Andrew




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire