Hydraulic pump on a Telsta bucket truck

mercredi 23 avril 2014

Hi, I have a 1986 Ford Telsta Bucket Truck. It's my newest project to get up and running for doing work around the property. It came with an Onan 4.0BFA genset that had a PTO driven hydraulic pump on it top drive all the hydraulics on the truck. Right now I'm rebuilding the onan, so I came up with a way to move and test the hydraulics in the mean time. Since the pump has a lovejoy coupler on it, I welded together a mating piece that I could insert into a corded hand-held drill. It's a little slow, but it actually works really well driving the pump so I can move all the hydraulics (it's a 2 person job).



So with the corded drill in mind, I was thinking that instead of worrying too much about the generator, that I could just put a heavier electric motor on the truck and just use that to continue to drive the hydraulics. Since I won't be much farther than a 120vac outlet, this could actually work, since the rest of the actuators for the hydraulics and such are run off of the 12v system in the truck.



I was looking at using a 3/4 hp continuous duty 3600 RMP motor to drive the pump, and I was wondering if that was too high of an RPM, as I believe the genset runs at 1800 RPM.



In the specs about the hydraulics, it doesn't list an RPM, but it says 1.6 gpm @2400psi max, and 1200psi operating pressure. So with my calculations, it needs more like a 1-1/2 HP motor, but I wasn't sure if I could get away with what I was talking about using above.



Thanks for any input!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire